"AIRSOFT MONTANA" WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of Airsoft Montana, including all members and officers, (Thomas R. Elkinton, owner of Airsoft Montana website), (Thomas R. Elkinton and Heidi J. Elkinton owners of Airsoft Montana home field), or any property owner who has allowed Airsoft Montana to host games, furnish services and lend or lease airsoft equipment to me, that allows me to participate, I agree as follows.
1) I fully understand and acknowledge that the risk of injury from the activity and replica weaponry involved in the sport of airsoft is significant.
2) I fully understand and acknowledge that my participation in such activities and/ or use of such equipment may result in my death or illness including but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/ or total paralysis, eye injury, blindness, heat stroke, heart attack, death, or other ailments that could cause serious disability; And while protective equipment and personal discipline will minimize this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
3) I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY THOMAS R. ELKINTON, (OWNER OF THE AIRSOFT MONTANA WEBSITE), THOMAS R. ELKINTON and HEIDI J. ELKINTON, (OWNERS OF THE AIRSOFT MONTANA HOME FIELD USED TO CONDUCT AIRSOFT ACTIVITIES), AIRSOFT MONTANA, their officers, officials, agents and/ or employee's ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, or loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of airsoft equipment, or my participation in airsoft activities; WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE, except that which is the result of gross negligence and/ or wanton misconduct, of which will be punishable by state or federal law. I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by the owners, agents, officers or employees of Thomas R. Elkinton, Heidi J. Elkinton.
Participant’s Name/ Age/ Phone number
Participant’s Signature/ Date
Participant’s Parent or Legal Guardian’s Signature/ Date
PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!
PARENTS MUST READ AIRSOFT MONTANA RULES CONCERNING AIRSOFT:
1) AEGs (Airsoft Electric Gun) are required to chronograph NO FASTER than 425 fps with .20 gram BBs. (Please note that a 25 foot NO FIRE rule is in effect).
2) Semi auto/ Bolt action Sniper rifles are required to chronograph NO FASTER than 600 fps with .20 gram BBs. (Please note that a 75 foot NO FIRE rule is in effect).
3) Certain “Specialty Weapons”; ie: machine guns used as support weapons, may be allowed to chronograph NO FASTER than 475 fps with .20 gram BBs. (Please note that a 50 foot NO FIRE is in effect); machine guns that do not exceed 425 FPS are exempt from the rule and are considered as assault weapons in the same class as AEG.
4) ANSI Z87.1 rated glasses or goggles are required. Goggles that make SEALABLE contact to the face is required for players under 18 years of age. Paintball goggles ARE allowed for airsoft play. The ONLY exception to this are the mesh goggles made specifically for airsoft in mind. *PLEASE NOTE* As of 4/02/10 mesh goggles will need to be "stamped steel" mesh
5) Face masks are NOT REQUIRED, although they are suggested. Chipped/ broken teeth are not unheard of at the speeds which airsoft projectiles travel. BE ADVISED. Replica helmets and vests are also available to players by retailers that do offer protection from BBs. Mouthguards as used for football and other sports are highly recommended and can be purchased at Walmart or similar stores for a small cost.
6) Players that take their eye protection off during a skirmish will be ejected from the game. Multiple infractions will result in banishment from Airsoft Montana functions.
7) Never point your airsoft replica weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot. In other words PRACTICE SAFE MUZZLE CONTROL AT ALL TIMES. Between games, make sure your safety is on at all times, remove your magazine, and keep your airsoft replica pointed down or up, or away from other players. Multiple infractions will result in banishment from Airsoft Montana functions.
8 ) Airsoft is a game of honor, there are no visible marks left behind on the uniform. It is up to each and every player to determine whether they have been hit or not. CALL YOUR HITS!. Multiple infractions will result in banishment from Airsoft Montana functions
9) Airsoft uses 1:1 scale replica firearms in its sport. DO NOT BRANDISH YOUR REPLICA IN PUBLIC. This not only includes coming and going from airsoft events. It also includes being at home. If a law enforcement officer enters a playing area, place the replica at your feet and step away.
10) The officers and administration of Airsoft Montana reserve the right to take disciplinary action against any participant that is deemed unsafe, unethical, or unlawful.
11) *NOTE* As of 12/11/07, barrel condoms will be required for all players. If your gun is at the dead pool and not in "play" a barrel condom is REQUIRED on the muzzle at all times.
12) *NOTE* As of 4/22/07, In engagements of 25 feet and under, when one player has the complete drop on the other player. The player who has the other player covered is obliged to call out "safety kill" in a loud commanding voice. Once "safety kill" has been invoked, the player that was unaware of the other players presence is REQUIRED to surrender, put his weapon above his head, pull out his dead rag and walk back to the dead zone. Under no circumstances is there to be an argument about the safety kill. If a player feels that another player is abusing this rule, please voice your concerns to the field admin, NOT the player invoking the rule.
This rule also applies to ALL airsoft weaponry.
13) *Note* As of 3/15/10, participants in Airsoft Montana events must be no younger than 18 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian who also participates in the combat. Participants between the ages of 15 to 17 years, inclusive, may participate when accompanied by such a parent or legal guardian. Special consideration may be taken at the discretion of Airsoft Montana admins to modify this rule according to circumstances.